Valentin Tzvetanov PENEV
"Self-portrait in the space of the chemical structures VS(6)"
Early period: Windows 3.11, Paintbrush
Sofia, Internet Muzeum of CLMC - BAS
BIRTHDATE, BIRTHPLACE: August 6, 1953; Sofia.
EDUCATION: 1972 – 1979 Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski"; Faculty of Physics; MS in Solid State Physics.
- 1979 - 1989: Institute of Optics, Sofia
- 1983 – 1990: Research Assosiate in Laboratory "Crystal Growth from High Temperature Melts";
- 1980 – 1999: leader in 3 research projects for crystal growth; performer in 3 research projects for crystal growth.
- 1990 – 1995: Institute of Applied Mineralogy (IPM), Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- 1995 – till now: Central Laboratory of Mineralogy and Crystallography (CLMC), Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (the former Institute of Applied Mineralogy)
- Since 1990: Research Assosiate in department "Experimental mineralogy and crystallography";
- 1990 – 1995: performer in two research projects for crystal growth;
- 1996 – 1999 leader in the project "Geometrization of Chemistry" (Contract X - 595/95 with National Research Fond by Bulgarian Ministry of Sciences and Education).
- 2000 – till now: main performer in the project "Geometrization of the language of mineralogy"
FIELDS OF INTERESTS:
- Crystal growth from high temperature melts;
- Philosophy of natural sciences;
- Stages of evolution of scientific knowledge;
- Geometrization of the language of Chemistry;
- Geometrization of the language of Minerallogy.