Ivan Jordanov DONCHEV
Assoc. Proffesor, Dr.
Central Laboratory of Mineralogy
and Crystallography (CLMC),
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS)
Web site: http://www.clmc.bas.bg
1113 Sofia, Acad. G. Bonchev Str., Bl. 107,
Phone: (+3592) 8700161/54; Fax.: (+3592)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Date of burth: 03.01.1943
Place of burth: Krousheto, Veliko Tarnovo district
- Married, two children, Jordan – master of computing sciences, Theodora
Scientifical title: Associated
- 1969 – Sofia University, Geology and geochemistry;
- 1975 – Specialization on X-ray Diffractoin methods – Chemical Faculty of
St. Kl. Ohridsky University, Sofia, Bulgaria;
- 1982 – Specialization: “Crystallographical methods for investigation of
phase trasitons in technical products” University of chemical technology and metalurgy, Sofia, Bulgaria;
- 1991 – Doctor, PhD degree in Thechnical Mineralogy. Doctor thesis: “Mineralogical-petrographical
investigations of metalothermic slags from special ferroalloys production”.
Expressions of scientific interests: Technological-mineralogical research in ore and non-metallic raw materials
and technogenic products; synthesis and characterization of crystall materials
for different purposes; Investigation of ceramics, utilization of wastes in
Languages: english –speak/read/write; french – read/write/speak; russian – speak/read/write.
- 1969 – 1972 – geologist in Geological mapping service of Committee of geology;
- 1972 – 1985 – researcher in NIPROROUDA institute for mining and ore dressing
investigations. Head of X-ray Diffraction Laboratory;
- 1985 – 1992 – head researcher in Mineralogical departement of NIPROROUDA;
- 1985 – 1995 – head of the departement “ Investigation of chemical
and mineralogical properties of raw materials and ores” ( ICMPRMO);
- 1996 – 1997 – senior scientific researcher in NIPROROUDA, respectively chief of
- 1997 – till now – associated professor in CLMC - BAS;
- 1999 – till now – scientific secretary of the Scientific Counsil of CLMC - BAS.
- Nacheva, L., I. Donchev, V. Ivanakiev. 1974. Manganian calcite from “Obrochishte” deposit. – Bull. of Niproruda Institute (in bulgarian), 2, 47-50.
- Donchev, I., G. Mileva. 1976. XRD characteristics of sulphides from “Assarel” deposite. – Bull. of Niproruda Institute. 3, 47-51 (in bulgarian).
- Donchev, I., 1978. Practical fast method for determination of lattice parameters of the sulphide minerals. – Bull. of Niproruda Institute, 1, 54-55 (in bulgarian).
- Donchev, I. 1982. Method for quantitative X-ray phase analysis of barite in the ores of “Kremikovtzi” deposit and in products of its ore dressing. – Bull. of Niproruda Institute, 3, 45-49 (in bulgarian).
- Lenchev, Al ., I. Donchev and B. G. Zhelyazkova. 1983. Behaviour of Copper, Zinc, Sulphur and Arsenic in the Sulphatizing Roasting of pyrite Cinders . – Scandinavian Journal of Metallurgy, 12, 133-136.
- Delijska, Chr. Pravceva and I. Donchev . 1984. Application of organic compounds as thermochemical agents in spectral analysis. – Acta Chimica Hungarica, 116 (3), 235-243.
- Donchev, I., Chr. Stanchev, 1995. A distribution of the non-ferrous metals and arsenic bearing phases in the slags of Copper metallurgical plant Ltd - Pirdop. – Mining and geology, 4, 33-37 (in bulgarian with english abstract).
- Donchev, I., 1995. Technological mineralogy in the new conditions of the transition into the market economy. – Mining and geologgy, 7, 30-31.
- Dontchev, I . 1998. High-temperature Aluminium phases in metallothermic ferroalloy slags. – Compt.. rend. Acad. bulg. Sci., 51,9.
- Donchev, I., K. Mitov, 1999. Mineralogy of a waste clinker and possibilities for extracting of the usefull components. – Geology and mineral resources, 2-3, 26-29
- Donchev , I., B. Zidarova, 1999. Mineralogical-technological research of products from the flottation plant for slags ore dressing of Union minier Pirdop copper. – Geology and mineral resources, 2, 13-16 (in bulgarian).
- Donchev, I., N. Zidarov 1999. Syntetic rocks (Synroc) as an advanced approach to stable, long-term and environmentally immobilization of radioactive wastes. – Geology and mineral resources, 6, 28-32 (in bulgarian with english abstract).
- Lenchev, A., I. Donchev, L. Gigova. 1999. Study of fly-ash of Electric Power Plants for production of mixed cements. – Cement and its utilization, 2 (March - April), 36-38 (in russian).
- Donchev, I. 2000. Mineralogy of environment – directions of developpment and prioritires. – Geology and mineral resources, 8, 32-33 (in bulgarian).
- Donchev, I., A. Lenchev, J. Ninov, L. Gigova. 2001. Study of some mineral and tehnological properties of fly-ashes from thermoelectric power stations Republika and Bobovdol, Bulgaria. Compt. rend. bulg. Acad. sci., v. 54, No 11,75-80.
- Donchev, I ., F .Dipchikov, O. Petrov, N. Zidarov, M. Tarassov. 2002. Synthesis of artificial rocks (synroc type). – Compt. rend. bulg. Acad. sci., v. 55, No 12, 53-56.
- Lenchev, A., J. Ninov , I. Donchev, S. Magaeva. 2002. Study on the properties of fly ashes from bulgarian thermal power stations. – Proc. of ISWA World Environment Congress & Exibition, Istanbul, Turkey, July, 8-12.
- Donchev, I ., N. Lihareva, I. Tzvetanova. 2004. A new deposit of celestine in the lower cretaceous sediments near Krousheto village, Gorna Oryahovitza municipality. – Ann. of the Sofia Univ. Fac. Geol. and Geogr. (in press)